audit_log_acct_message - log a user account message
int audit_log_acct_message(int audit_fd, int type, const char *pgname, const
char *op, const char *name, unsigned int id, const char *host, const char
*addr, const char *tty, int result)
This function will log a message to the audit system using a predefined message
format. It should be used for all account manipulation operations. The
function parameters are as follows:
- audit_fd - The fd returned by audit_open
- type - type of message: AUDIT_USER_CHAUTHTOK for changing
any account attributes.
- pgname - program's name, if NULL will attempt to figure
- op - operation. Ex: "adding-user",
"changing-finger-info", "deleting-group". This value
should have a dash or underscore between the words so that report parsers
group them together.
- name - user's account or group name. If not available use
- id - uid or gid that the operation is being performed on.
If the user is unknown, pass a -1 and fill in the name parameter. This is
used only when user is NULL.
- host - The hostname if known. If not available pass a
- addr - The network address of the user. If not available
pass a NULL.
- tty - The tty of the user, if NULL will attempt to figure
- result - 1 is "success" and 0 is
It returns the sequence number which is > 0 on success or <= 0 on error.
This function returns -1 on failure. Examine errno for more info.