blkstat - Display details of a file system data unit (i.e. block or sector)
blkstat [-f fstype ] [-i imgtype] [-o imgoffset] [-b
dev_sector_size] [-vV] image [images] addr
displays the allocation status of the given data unit.
was called dstat
in TSK versions prior to 3.0.0.
- -f fstype
- Specify the file system type. Use '-f list' to list the
supported file system types. If not given, autodetection methods are
- -i imgtype
- Identify the type of image file, such as raw. Use '-i list'
to list the supported types. If not given, autodetection methods are
- -o imgoffset
- The sector offset where the file system starts in the
- -b dev_sector_size
- The size, in bytes, of the underlying device sectors. If
not given, the value in the image format is used (if it exists) or
512-bytes is assumed.
- Verbose output of debugging statements to stderr
- Display version
- image [images]
- The disk or partition image to read, whose format is given
with '-i'. Multiple image file names can be given if the image is split
into multiple segments. If only one image file is given, and its name is
the first in a sequence (e.g., as indicated by ending in '.001'),
subsequent image segments will be included automatically.
- Address to display stats on. This is a fragment for UNIX
file systems or a sector for FAT.
Brian Carrier <carrier at sleuthkit dot org>
Send documentation updates to <doc-updates at sleuthkit dot org>