echo - display a line of text
Echo the STRING(s) to standard output.
- do not output the trailing newline
- enable interpretation of backslash escapes
- disable interpretation of backslash escapes (default)
- display this help and exit
- output version information and exit
is in effect, the following sequences are recognized:
- alert (BEL)
- produce no further output
- form feed
- new line
- carriage return
- horizontal tab
- vertical tab
- byte with octal value NNN (1 to 3 digits)
- byte with hexadecimal value HH (1 to 2 digits)
NOTE: your shell may have its own version of echo, which usually supersedes the
version described here. Please refer to your shell's documentation for details
about the options it supports.
Written by Brian Fox and Chet Ramey.
GNU coreutils online help: <https://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/>
Report echo translation bugs to <https://translationproject.org/team/>
Copyright © 2017 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL
version 3 or later <https://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>.
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO
WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
Full documentation at: <https://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/echo>
or available locally via: info '(coreutils) echo invocation'