sha512sum - compute and check SHA512 message digest
Print or check SHA512 (512-bit) checksums.
With no FILE, or when FILE is -, read standard input.
- -b, --binary
- read in binary mode
- -c, --check
- read SHA512 sums from the FILEs and check them
- create a BSD-style checksum
- -t, --text
- read in text mode (default)
- don't fail or report status for missing files
- don't print OK for each successfully verified file
- don't output anything, status code shows success
- exit non-zero for improperly formatted checksum lines
- -w, --warn
- warn about improperly formatted checksum lines
- display this help and exit
- output version information and exit
The sums are computed as described in FIPS-180-2. When checking, the input
should be a former output of this program. The default mode is to print a line
with checksum, a space, a character indicating input mode ('*' for binary, ' '
for text or where binary is insignificant), and name for each FILE.
Written by Ulrich Drepper, Scott Miller, and David Madore.
GNU coreutils online help: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/>
Report sha512sum translation bugs to <http://translationproject.org/team/>
Copyright © 2017 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL
version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>.
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO
WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
Full documentation at: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/sha512sum>
or available locally via: info '(coreutils) sha2 utilities'