sddm - the simple desktop display manager
sddm is a display and login manager based on Qt technologies.
Using QtQuick and QML, designers are given the ability to easily create
pleasant, modern looking interfaces for sddm.
sddm runs the greeter as a system user named sddm
whose home directory
needs to be set to /var/lib/sddm
If pam and systemd are available, the greeter will go through logind, which will
give it access to drm devices.
Distributions without pam and systemd will need to put the sddm
group, otherwise errors regarding GL and drm devices might be
- Start daemon in test mode.
- --help, -h
- Show help message and exit.
- System configuration directory
- Local configuration directory
- Local configuration file for compatibility
- Where sddm looks for themes
The full documentation for sddm is available at