showmount - show mount information for an NFS server
showmount [ -adehv ] [ --all ]
[ --directories ] [ --exports ]
[ --help ] [ --version ]
[ host ]
queries the mount daemon on a remote host for information about
the state of the NFS server on that machine. With no options showmount
lists the set of clients who are mounting from that host. The output from
is designed to appear as though it were processed through
- -a or --all
- List both the client hostname or IP address and mounted
directory in host:dir format. This info should not be considered reliable.
See the notes on rmtab in rpc.mountd(8).
- -d or --directories
- List only the directories mounted by some client.
- -e or --exports
- Show the NFS server's export list.
- -h or --help
- Provide a short help summary.
- -v or --version
- Report the current version number of the program.
- Suppress the descriptive headings from the output.
The completeness and accuracy of the information that showmount
varies according to the NFS server's implementation.
sorts and uniqs the output, it is impossible to
determine from the output whether a client is mounting the same directory more
Rick Sladkey <firstname.lastname@example.org>