smproxy - Session Manager Proxy
[-clientId id] [-restore saveFile] [-version]
- -clientId id
- Specifies the session ID used by smproxy in the
- -restore saveFile
- Specifies the file used by smproxy to save state in
the previous session.
- Prints the program version and exits.
allows X applications that do not support X11R6 session
management to participate in an X11R6 session.
In order for smproxy
to act as a proxy for an X application, one of the
following must be true:
- The application maps a top level window containing the WM_CLIENT_LEADER
property. This property provides a pointer to the client leader window which
contains the WM_CLASS
- The application maps a top level window which does not contain the
property. However, this top level window contains the
An application that support the WM_SAVE_YOURSELF
protocol will receive a
client message each time the session manager issues a
checkpoint or shutdown. This allows the application to save state. If an
application does not support the WM_SAVE_YOURSELF
protocol, then the
proxy will provide enough information to the session manager to restart the
application (using WM_COMMAND
), but no state will be restored.
Ralph Mor, X Consortium