|AMDGPU(4)||Device Drivers Manual||AMDGPU(4)|
Section "Device" Identifier "devname" Driver "amdgpu" ... EndSection
- Support for 24- and 30-bit pixel depths;
- RandR support up to version 1.4;
- 3D acceleration;
- Option "SWcursor" "boolean"
- Selects software cursor. The default is off.
- Option "Accel" "boolean"
- Enables or disables all hardware acceleration.
- Option "ZaphodHeads" "string"
- Specify the RandR output(s) to use with zaphod mode for a particular
driver instance. If you use this option you must use this option for all
instances of the driver.
- Option "DRI" "integer"
- Define the maximum level of DRI to enable. Valid values are 2 for DRI2 or 3 for DRI3. The default is 3 for DRI3 if the Xorg version is >= 1.18.3, otherwise 2 for DRI2.
- Option "EnablePageFlip" "boolean"
- Enable DRI2 page flipping. The default is on.
- Option "TearFree" "boolean"
- Set the default value of the per-output 'TearFree' property, which controls tearing prevention using the hardware page flipping mechanism. TearFree is on for any CRTC associated with one or more outputs with TearFree on. Two separate scanout buffers need to be allocated for each CRTC with TearFree on. If this option is set, the default value of the property is 'on' or 'off' accordingly. If this option isn't set, the default value of the property is auto, which means that TearFree is on for rotated outputs, outputs with RandR transforms applied and for RandR 1.4 slave outputs, otherwise off.
- Option "AccelMethod" "string"
- Setting this option to none disables use of the glamor acceleration
architecture. In that case, all 2D rendering is done by the CPU, but 3D
and video hardware acceleration can still work. This is mainly useful for
OpenGL driver bring-up.
- Option "ShadowPrimary" "boolean"
- This option enables a so-called "shadow primary" buffer for fast CPU access to pixel data, and separate scanout buffers for each display controller (CRTC). This may improve performance for some 2D workloads, potentially at the expense of other (e.g. 3D, video) workloads. Note in particular that enabling this option currently disables page flipping. The default is off.
- Wiki page:
- Overview about amdgpu development code:
- Mailing list:
- IRC channel:
#radeon on irc.freenode.net
- Query the bugtracker for amdgpu bugs:
- Submit bugs & patches:
Authors include: Michel Dänzer firstname.lastname@example.org Alex Deucher email@example.com
|xf86-video-amdgpu 18.1.0||X Version 11|