AURPHAN finds meaningful ways for you to help Arch Linux.
aurphan finds ways for you to personally contribute to
Arch. All options produce a list of packages that need help, but only if you
have them installed.
With no args, it displays the --help.
- is for devs/TUs and searches the official repos for orphans. Out of date
packages are highlighted red. Packages that could be moved out of their
repo (for example, from extra to community) are tagged with
- is for when a dev/TU goes missing or feels overworked. It takes one
argument, a nickname. Like -p, OOD packages are red and mobile packages
- list all packages flagged out of date, in both the official repos and the
- searches the master todo list for pkgbuilds that need an update.
- checks the bugtracker for packages with open bugs, sorting by quantity.
- searches the AUR for packages with more than 10 votes. Out of date
packages are highlighted red.
- searches the AUR for packages that need a maintainer. Out of date packages
are highlighted red.
Since the majority of this app is adhoc html parsing, it is guaranteed to break
sooner or later.
aurphan was written by
Kyle Keen ⟨email@example.com⟩ with
patches from Dave Reisner