With no FILE, or when FILE is -, read standard input.
- -b, --binary
- read in binary mode
- -c, --check
- read BLAKE2 sums from the FILEs and check them
- -l, --length
- digest length in bits; must not exceed the maximum for the blake2 algorithm and must be a multiple of 8
- create a BSD-style checksum
- -t, --text
- read in text mode (default)
- -z, --zero
- end each output line with NUL, not newline, and disable file name escaping
- don't fail or report status for missing files
- don't print OK for each successfully verified file
- don't output anything, status code shows success
- exit non-zero for improperly formatted checksum lines
- -w, --warn
- warn about improperly formatted checksum lines
- display this help and exit
- output version information and exit
The sums are computed as described in RFC 7693. When checking, the input should be a former output of this program. The default mode is to print a line with checksum, a space, a character indicating input mode ('*' for binary, ' ' for text or where binary is insignificant), and name for each FILE.
Report any translation bugs to <https://translationproject.org/team/>
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
or available locally via: info '(coreutils) b2sum invocation'
|October 2019||GNU coreutils 8.31|