nfnl_osf - OS fingerprint loader utility
nfnl_osf -f fingerprints [ -d ]
The nfnl_osf utility allows to load a set of operating system signatures
into the kernel for later matching against using iptables' osf match.
Exit status is 0 if command succeeded, otherwise a negative return code
indicates the type of error which happened:
- -f fingerprints
- Read signatures from file fingerprints.
- Instead of adding the signatures from fingerprints into the kernel,
An up to date set of operating system signatures can be downloaded from
The description of osf match in iptables-extensions(8) contains
further information about the topic as well as example nfnl_osf
- Illegal arguments passed, fingerprints file not readable or failure in
- Fingerprints file not specified.
- Netlink handle initialization failed or fingerprints file format invalid.