- -d, --delay=N
- Refresh the display every n in seconds. By default, slabtop refreshes the display every three seconds. To exit the program, hit q.
- -s, --sort=S
- Sort by S, where S is one of the sort criteria.
- -o, --once
- Display the output once and then exit.
- -V, --version
- Display version information and exit.
- -h, --help
- Display usage information and exit.
The sort criteria can also be changed while slabtop is running by pressing the associated character.
|a||number of active objects||ACTIVE|
|b||objects per slab||OBJ/SLAB|
|c||cache size||CACHE SIZE|
|l||number of slabs||SLABS|
|v||number of active slabs||N/A|
|o||number of objects||OBJS|
|p||pages per slab||N/A|
|s||object size||OBJ SIZE|
Each of the valid sort characters are also accepted, to change the sort routine. See the section SORT CRITERIA.
- Refresh the screen.
- Quit the program.
- slab information
The slabtop statistic header is tracking how many bytes of slabs are being used and is not a measure of physical memory. The 'Slab' field in the /proc/meminfo file is tracking information about used slab physical memory.
slabtop was inspired by Martin Bligh's perl script, vmtop.