|xfs_ncheck(8)||System Manager's Manual||xfs_ncheck(8)|
- Specifies that the filesystem image to be processed is stored in a regular file at device (see the mkfs.xfs -d file option). This might happen if an image copy of a filesystem has been made into an ordinary file.
- -l logdev
- Specifies the device where the filesystem's external log resides. Only for those filesystems which use an external log. See the mkfs.xfs -l option, and refer to xfs(5) for a detailed description of the XFS log.
- Limits the report to special files and files with setuserid mode. This option may be used to detect violations of security policy.
- -i ino
- Limits the report to only those files whose inode numbers follow. May be given multiple times to select multiple inode numbers.
- Prints the version number and exits.
If the filesystem is seriously corrupted, or very busy and looks like it is corrupt, a message of the form that would be generated by the xfs_db(8) "check" command may appear.
xfs_ncheck is only useful with XFS filesystems.