|CUPS-GENPPDUPDATE(8)||Gutenprint Manual Pages||CUPS-GENPPDUPDATE(8)|
If no files or queue names are specified, cups-genppdupdate updates all Gutenprint PPD files in /etc/cups/ppd. Otherwise, cups-genppdupdate updates all files or queues listed on the command line.
cups-genppdupdate does not update PPD files from Gimp-Print 4.2 or earlier.
cups-genppdupdate does not restart cupsd. cupsd will need manually reloading (or send SIGHUP) once cups-genppdupdate has completed.
- Show a help message.
- No action. The program will run, but the old PPD files will not be replaced.
- Quiet mode. No messages will be issued, apart from errors.
- Verbose mode. More informative messages will be issued. Note that extremely verbose output may be turned on by setting $debug=1 in the source, but this output will not be of use to the average user.
- -s ppd-directory
- Use ppd-directory as the base directory to read PPD files from. By default, the base directory is /usr/share/cups/model/gutenprint. Under this directory, the PPD files are located in subdirectories according to language code and territory.
- -o output-directory
- Place updated PPD files in output-directory. By default, this is the same as the input directory.
- Reset all options to their defaults (do not merge options from the current PPD file)
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 2, as published by the Free Software Foundation.
This manual page was written by Roger Leigh (email@example.com).
|22 Sep 2018||Version 5.3.1|