|DVITYPE(1)||General Commands Manual||DVITYPE(1)|
The dvitype program translates a DVI (DeVice Independent) file output by (for example) tex(1) or gftodvi(1), to a file that humans can read. It also serves as a DVI file-validating program (i.e., if dvitype can read it, it's correct) and as an example of a DVI-reading program for future device drivers.
The output file can include all commands, just the important ones, or none at all (in which case only errors are reported). A subinterval of pages may be selected for transliteration; the magnification and resolution of the ``output device'' may be changed; and so on. All options are specified with an on-line dialog.
The .dvi extension is supplied if omitted from dvi_name. The output goes to stdout.
- Set resolution to REAL pixels per inch; default 300.0.
- Override existing magnification with NUMBER.
- Process NUMBER pages; default one million.
- Verbosity level, from 0 to 4; default 4.
- Start at PAGE-SPEC, for example `2' or `5.*.-2'.
- Show numeric opcodes (in decimal).
Donald E. Knuth, TeXware.
|16 June 2015||Web2C 2019|