The libinput tools are a set of tools to debug, interface with and analyze data for libinput. These tools create libinput contexts separate from that of the compositor/X server and cannot change settings in a running session. See section COMMANDS for a list of available commands.
libinput's API documentation and details on features and various high-level concepts are available online at https://wayland.freedesktop.org/libinput/doc/latest/
The man page for the X.Org xf86-input-libinput driver is libinput(4).
- Print help and exit
- Print the version and exit
- Print all events as seen by libinput
- Show a GUI to visualize libinput's events
- List all devices recognized by libinput
- Measure various properties of devices
- Measure touch size and orientation
- Measure tap-to-click time
- Measure touch pressure
- Record the events from a device
- Replay the events from a device
libinput's online documentation https://wayland.freedesktop.org/libinput/doc/latest/