|pdfinfo(1)||General Commands Manual||pdfinfo(1)|
If PDF-file is ´-', it reads the PDF file from stdin.
The ´Info' dictionary contains the following values:
In addition, the following information is printed:
The options -listenc, -meta, -js, -struct, and -struct-text only print the requested information. The 'Info' dictionary and related data listed above is not printed. At most one of these five options may be used.
- -f number
- Specifies the first page to examine. If multiple pages are requested using the "-f" and "-l" options, the size of each requested page (and, optionally, the bounding boxes for each requested page) are printed. Otherwise, only page one is examined.
- -l number
- Specifies the last page to examine.
- Prints the page box bounding boxes: MediaBox, CropBox, BleedBox, TrimBox, and ArtBox.
- Prints document-level metadata. (This is the "Metadata" stream from the PDF file's Catalog object.)
- Prints the logical document structure of a Tagged-PDF file.
- Print the textual content along with the document structure of a Tagged-PDF file. Note that extracting text this way might be slow for big PDF files. (Implies -struct.)
- Prints dates in ISO-8601 format (including the time zone).
- Prints the raw (undecoded) date strings, directly from the PDF file.
- Print a list of all named destinations. If a page range is specified using "-f" and "-l", only destinations in the page range are listed.
- -enc encoding-name
- Sets the encoding to use for text output. This defaults to "UTF-8".
- Lits the available encodings
- -opw password
- Specify the owner password for the PDF file. Providing this will bypass all security restrictions.
- -upw password
- Specify the user password for the PDF file.
- Print copyright and version information.
- Print usage information. (-help and --help are equivalent.)
- No error.
- Error opening a PDF file.
- Error opening an output file.
- Error related to PDF permissions.
- Other error.
|15 August 2011|