|policyeditor(1)||General Commands Manual||policyeditor(1)|
policyeditor [-file] policy_file
If executed without any arguments, no file is opened, and saving the file will result in a prompt on where to save it. Otherwise, if a file path is given as a command line argument, then that file path will be opened and parsed as policy file.
- -codebase url
- Specifies an applet codebase URL. This can be used with the other selector options to select a policy entry upon opening the editor; if no such identifier exists then it will be created and then selected.(Exactly one argument expected)
- Specifies that the default user-level policy file should be opened. This is the file which is normally used by IcedTea-Web to make decisions about custom policies and permissions for applets at runtime, unless configured otherwise.(No argument expected)
- -file policy_file
- Specifies a policy file path to open. If exactly one argument is given, and it is not this flag, it is interpreted as a file path to open, as if this flag was given first. This flag exists mostly for compatibility with Policy Tool.(Exactly one argument expected)
- Prints out information about supported command and basic usage.(No argument expected)
- -principals class_name principal_name
- Specifies class name/principal name pairs (space-separated) for the policy entry identifier. This can be used with the other selector options to select a policy entry upon opening the editor; if no such identifier exists then it will be created and then selected.(Expected even number of arguments with param=value as valid argument)
- -signedby certificate_alias
- Specifies a certificate alias for a certificate stored in the keystore. This can be used with the other selector options to select a policy entry upon opening the editor; if no such identifier exists then it will be created and then selected.(Exactly one argument expected)
- Enable verbose output.(No argument expected)
- Show the GUI editor with no file opened.
- policyeditor -file $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/icedtea-web/security/java.policy
- Show GUI and opens the default policy file.
- Additional information about items in cache
- Contains granted permissions for selected unsigned apps. Controlled by deployment.user.security.policy
Where $XDG_CONFIG_DIR, $XDG_CACHE_DIR and $XDG_RUNTIME_DIR are set as ~/.config, ~/.cache and /tmp or /var/tmp if not set.
Please run in debug (-verbose switch or itw-settings setting or ICEDTEAPLUGIN_DEBUG variable set to true) mode and include that output (best is from java console) with URL to jnlp or html file (or the jnlp/html file or application itself) when filing out the bug report.
|13 Sep 2017||icedtea-web 1.7|