|SOELIM(1)||General Commands Manual||SOELIM(1)|
||[-Crtv] [-I dir] [files ...]|
It is possible to have whitespace between the -I command line option and its parameter.
- .so file
by the contents of file. It is useful if files included with .so need to be preprocessed. Normally, soelim should be invoked with the -s option of groff.
To embed ‘\’ in the file name, write ‘\\’ or ‘\e’. To embed a space, write ‘\ ’. Any other escape sequence in file makes soelim ignore the whole line.
Note that there must be no whitespace between the leading dot and the two characters ‘s’ and ‘o’. Otherwise, only groff interprets the .so request (and soelim ignores it).
- Recognize .so even when followed by a character other than space or newline.
- This option may be used to add a directory to the search path for files (both those on the command line and those named in .so requests). The search path is initialized with the current directory. This option may be specified more than once; the directories are then searched in the order specified (but before the current directory). If you want to make the current directory be read before other directories, add -I. at the appropriate place.
- No directory search is performed for files with an absolute file name.
- Do not add .lf requests (for general use, with non-groff files).
- Don't emit .lf requests but TeX comment lines (starting with ‘%’) giving the current file and line number.
- Print the version number.
input sourced file file | | v v preprocessor -> troff -> postprocessor | v output file
That is, files sourced with .so are normally read only by troff (the actual formatter). soelim is not required for troff to source files.
If a file to be sourced should also be preprocessed, it must already be read before the input file passes through the preprocessor. This is handled by soelim:
input file | v soelim -> preprocessor -> troff -> postprocessor ^ | | v sourced output file file
Permission is granted to make and distribute verbatim copies of this manual provided the copyright notice and this permission notice are preserved on all copies.
Permission is granted to copy and distribute modified versions of this manual under the conditions for verbatim copying, provided that the entire resulting derived work is distributed under the terms of a permission notice identical to this one.
Permission is granted to copy and distribute translations of this manual into another language, under the above conditions for modified versions, except that this permission notice may be included in translations approved by the Free Software Foundation instead of in the original English.
|7 November 2018||Groff Version 1.22.3|